Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Educational Video Games

After some discussions with students, a main hobby that most share is a love for video games.  I was not sure how I felt about his favorite pass-time activity.  I did a little research and found some interesting insight to what educators are calling "serious gaming".  Serious gaming is a way to motivate students through technology while incorporating core subjects such as reading, math, science, and social studies.  I have found one that I would like you and your student to test out.  This educational video game is in the form of a graphic novel that includes math skills to solve the game.  Lure of the Labyrinth is aligned to the Common Core Standards that you can find on the website to review.

Click on the following link to play the game:


Click on the following link to review the Common Core Standards:


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment